Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SAVORY SPICE SHOP ~ BLACK & BLEU CHEESE VINAIGRETTE

I have a new passion!  I found this great new spice shop, SAVORY SPICE SHOP. They grind their own spices and have dozens of wonderful proprietary blends.  Check out their website for some wonderful recipes too.

Tonight I made their Black and Bleu Cheese Dressing.  The consistency is more like a vinaigrette if you use the sour cream so for us so I changed the name a little.  I also accidentally used apple cider vinegar instead of the plain white vinegar and hubby loved it! Next time I'm going to try Gorgonzola crumbles.

The Onion & Garlic Tableside Sprinkle is a great grilling salt free seasoning that did not disappoint on tonight's pork chops.

BLACK & BLEU CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
  • 2 ounces Bleu Cheese Powder
  • 2 teaspoons Cook County Charcoal Seasoning
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles, optional to taste
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (sour cream if you want a vinaigrette)
  • 4 tsp. white vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)

Notes: Replace the mayonnaise with sour cream for a tasty dip version of this dressing.

  • Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine thoroughly. I used my small food processor.
  • Transfer to a sealed container and chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!