Wednesday, June 18, 2014

GOLDEN FUNGUS BURGER

This was my first recipe in the BUNLESS BURGER SERIES.  Bread in general is expensive and can be timely to make.  It also doesn't help on my diet so thought I would try going "bunless" and we are soooooooooooooooo glad we did.  With planning to eat the burger with a knife and fork I was able to add so many more ingredients that would have otherwise made the bun mushy and slippery.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

So simple, but oh so yummy too.
GOLDEN FUNGUS BURGER
2 1/3 # burger patties
1/2 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
4-5 large button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 large Roma tomato or 4 baby Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
1/4 cup Chablis
1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • Grill burgers inside or out. I add just a touch of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the meat and hand form the patties.
  • In a large sauce pan melt butter.  
  • When sizzling add onions and saute' until translucent.  
  • Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
  • Add wine and continue sauteing until moisture has sizzled away.
  • Add tomatoes until heated through.
  • Plate burger.
  • Top with onion mixture and then cheese.  I use the pan lid over the plate for a minute to melt the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!