Monday, June 23, 2014

UNION STATION COOKIES

I was searching the web for a specific copy cat recipe for a salad dressing and somehow found this great site with a ton of recipes that made my mouth water as I searched through them.  Funny thing is I never found the recipe I started searching for, but I did find dozens of others including this one for Union Station Cookies that said it was sourced from St. Louis, Missouri.  These were really, really good!
I did end up making a few modifications which I've listed in red. The changes made them a bit moister.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 oz. Hershey bar, melted (3 regular sized bars)
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips (half of the bag melted)
2 JUMBO eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/4 cups Quaker oats (powdered in blender)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup chopped nuts (Walnuts, chopped VERY fine)
  • Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. 
  • In separate bowl mix flour, oats, salt and baking powder. 
  • Mix creamed and dry ingredients. 
  • Add chocolate chips, melted chocolate and nuts. 
  • Place dough (golf-ball-size or smaller) on an ungreased cookie sheet. 
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. 
  • Makes 3 or 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!