Friday, July 4, 2014

HIP HIP HURRAY for BANANA JAM

I LOVE!!!!! trying new recipes, but more importantly I LOVE!!!!! trying a new recipe that blows my socks off! My friend Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home mom featured a Banana Jam the other day.  I know, sounds weird right?  WRONG!!!! It's the most fantastic, addictive recipe I've tried in a long time and even better it's SOOOOOOOO simple.  
BANANA JAM
4 cups mashed bananas
4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure Madagascar vanilla extract
Juice of 1 large lemon
  • Combine ingredients together and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until your boil.
  • Turn down heat and simmer until nice and thick, stirring frequently.
  • Pour into sterilized jars and water bath for 10 minutes.
  • Once open, refrigerate.
I've already added pineapple for a varied flavor and caramel for an ice cream topping.  Next is turning it into a Banana Cream Pie.
And OMG you have to try it on sourdough toast with JIF peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!